From the Ontario Ministry of Education Policy Document
Learning Skills and Work Habits in Grades 1 to 12
Learning Skills and Work Habits and Sample Behaviours
• fulfils responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment;
• completes and submits class work, homework, and assignments according to agreed-upon timelines;
• takes responsibility for and manages own behaviour.
• devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks;
• establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals;
• identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
• independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals;
• uses class time appropriately to complete tasks;
• follows instructions with minimal supervision.
• accepts various roles and an equitable share of work in a group;
• responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others;
• builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships through personal and media-assisted interactions;
• works with others to resolve conflicts and build consensus to achieve group goals;
• shares information, resources, and expertise and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
• looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning;
• demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks;
• demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning;
• approaches new tasks with a positive attitude;
• recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others
• sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them;
• seeks clarification or assistance when needed;
• assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests;
• identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve
• perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.